Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Brothers!

We started a day of birthday festivities with flaming pancakes. The boys didn't understand why we would put fire in front of them when we've spent the entire winter warning them about how fire is hot.

We then headed to the zoo to be both spectators and spectacles.
I love this picture of the boys. It's such a true image of their brotherhood at the moment. Sam is always my helper. He likes to help with everything, including leading his brother around. Seth is either mad that he's being pushed around or he thinks it's a game and runs away hoping to be chased. In this case, it's the latter.
We came home to cake and ice cream. I did a train cake this year.
More fire...why do we send our children these mixed messages?
Our dear boys, we love you so. Through your early arrival into the world, you taught us to love more deeply, more urgently than ever before. You have enriched our lives and those of your sisters by your love. Seth, you are so tender and sweet. I love how you study your toys, how you love to snuggle with me, and your mischievous grin. Sam, you are so helpful and warmhearted. I love how you always get juice and snacks for both you and Seth; how you love to be part of the group; and how you cling to me when you wake up. We look forward to watching you both grow to three and beyond.

No comments: