Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Over the rainbow

What is it about this time of year that makes my kids experiment in inappropriate ways? Last year it was 'cooking' on the wall furnace that resulted in gooey plastic all over. Today it was my sweet blue-eyed, almost three-year-old stamping rainbows all over the floor of the craft area. The picture is of a 1x1 ft section. There was much more but the dark tile diluted the effect when taken in all together. My frustration is fueled not only by my incredibly long list of things to do that doesn't include scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees, but also by my frustration with myself for not noticing he was gone long enough to create this masterpiece. Rrrr!

I think I'll have a cup of tea, regroup and count the minutes until tonight when I get to spend three and a half hours in piano and dance lessons with a baby and two two-year-olds who aren't involved in either.

No comments: