Friday, March 26, 2010

Flashback Friday: Seth & Sam turn 3!

March definitely came in 'like a lion' for us. We've been moving along at a frenzied clip of late between travel, family visits, school projects, and illness. In the midst of it all, our twin boys turned 3.

I looked back at what I wrote last year on their birthday and, well, it still applies. The boys have added words to their actions. Seth is still my snuggler, my tender hearted little sloth. He is curious, sometimes clever, and is developing a tremendous sense of humor with an infectious laugh to boot. Having a little brother was not on his list of things to do this year but hey, at least Harrison makes a good pillow. I love when Seth tries to make Harrison smile and calls him 'tooty' (cutey). Sethy makes me prove my love to him each day through helping him with clothes, shoes and food. "Mommy dude it!" is said with great frequency. I love my little guy. It has been such a joy watching him grow into a little boy this year.
Sam is still my most motivated helper. He likes to be in the middle of all family activities. Sam is thoughtful and sweet and well tolerated by his sisters. In contrast to Seth, a little brother is just what Sam ordered. He has lovingly doted over Harrison since the day he came home from the hospital. He's a little rough at times but Harrison loves when his big brother is around. Sam is eager to start reading like his sisters. Preschool Mommy-style can't start soon enough for Sam. Sammy Q, I love you!
We had a great time celebrating the boys' birthday. Seth and Sam have been talking about Chuck E. Cheese's since their sisters' birthday back in October. We went for a morning of fun in honor of them. Then, on their actual birthday, we did presents and cupcakes.





Boys, I love watching you grow and develop your own interests and personalities. You challenge me with your boy-ness at times, especially in the car, but I can't imagine my life without your sweet hugs and exuberance. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

There's a reason God gave you all your boys LAST!! Boy-ness, that's for sure! Looks like they had a great 3rd bday....