Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Confessions of a Soccer Mom

Hello. My name is Heather and I am a Soccer Mom.

The voices in my head are saying: Wow. How did that happen? Who are you?

Yes, our family has moved outside of its box and into the realm of team sports. I've always passed on team sports because of the variability in schedule and the TWO commitments per week; one of which is a sacred weekend day.

But you know what? It's been a lot of fun. It helps that our team is packed with friends and the practices are in the field adjacent the park so the siblings stay entertained.

And, Catherine really likes playing. She's still nervous at game time but her skills increase each week. If only she didn't have to sweat, soccer would be the perfect sport for her.

1 comment:

DaddyO6 said...

Soccer Mom with a FULL SIZE van...that's why I love her more every day!