Friday, November 12, 2010

Adventures in Paint

Last Sunday, as we looked at the week ahead, the kids and I picked an adventure for each day. For Monday we chose to go to the botanical gardens and for Tuesday the kids begged and pleaded to paint. Painting with six kids is definitely an adventure.

I was apprehensive getting started as I looked at all their smiling faces and all those paint jars and brushes and newspapers. The boys have never painted before. What was I thinking? But, you know what, they did great! I gave everyone a lesson on how to love and care for their brushes and away they went painting their little hearts out.
Harrison even got in on the action. He painted with water. It's hard to tell whether he was more excited about painting or being included in an activity the big kids were doing.
Seth was a master color mixer.
Sam preferred taking it one color at a time.
We need to have more adventures like these!

No comments: