Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Farewell Fall Soccer

Fall soccer is over! Surprisingly, I'm not doing cartwheels. I expected to feel a sense of relief, of new found freedom, of an extra two hours in my week. Those things are indeed true but I will miss the predictable friend time (for all of us) at the park every Tuesday night. I will miss cheering for the Crush every Saturday with the other families.
Most of all, I will miss Catherine's smile after the games. The one she gets when she knows she's done her best and she's getting loaded up with compliments.
Catherine has learned a lot this fall not only about her athletic potential but about teamwork and building friendships. Way to go girl! We're so proud of you!

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Well, since you put it that way, I guess I'll miss it a little bit too...but only the tuesday part and the cheering during the game part, but not the Wednesday/THursday and 4 games in a day part!