Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kitchen Remodeling -- Week 5

I get further behind on this post each week. We're already two days in to Week 6 which probably doesn't matter to anyone but me. But it's my blog, so I'm clarifying.

Week 5 was demo week. As in, take it down to the studs. As in, no more sink or cooktop. As in, more dust than I can shake a broom or Swiffer at.

The kids are always looking for ways to help with the remodel. This week Chloe was Daddy's superstar helper. After our rented tile stripper failed us, Mark manually took up 400 sq. ft. of satillo. He needed an extra set of hands to get rid of all those chunks of clay. Chloe did a great job shoveling and transferring tile to the wheelbarrow for disposal.
The demo only came after taking a full day to set up a temporary kitchen. I've always wanted a galley kitchen, sort of.
This is our new pantry/countertop/cabinet space. The shelves filled up faster than either of us imagined. Ugh. We have the microwave in the kids' bathroom along with our wash station. And this is our kitchen now. We have it quarantined to try to contain the dust and to prevent trespassing.
We also finished ordering odds-and-ends like cabinet hardware, more tile, grout, the sink and faucet. Now, we need to get a firm delivery date on those cabinets.

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

oh...Heather.....I can only imagine. I guess the only thing to get you through is how GREAT it's going to be when it's all done. Oh, and how glorious it is to not have to do dishes?