Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 2: There's no place like home

On Saturday, we stayed at camp which happened to be filled with big boulders to climb and hike around. We got a little shutter happy, so bear with me.

Mark helped us all up and down the boulders.
Our band of rock climbers
My new favorite family photo
The kids were done with squinting into the sun for pictures after this one.
We dubbed this Sam's room. I love this picture of the first five!
My husband loves to climb rocks! He was the envy of all as he scaled the largest boulders in the park with ease.He took the girls on one such scaling mission. It doesn't look bad from here.
But check out the heights they were climbing to. I did my best not to give in to my motherly urges to faint and/or throw up seeing my young girls climbing to such heights.
This one is called Elephant Rock. Can you see why?
Five kids in a bowl.
Harrison enjoyed our hike. Our littlest member is pretty happy so long as he has something to chew on and something/someone to look at. I used his bib as an impromptu hat.
We ended the day with a campfire and s'mores. Fortunately, they were much better received this time.

No comments: