Friday, February 5, 2010

Flashback Friday

First, I have to thank my good friend Cari for inspiring me to start up a new blog segment. Mark recently finished compiling his all-time favorite photos. Since it will be years before I get them into albums, I thought now would be a good time to feature a few each week on the blog.

Ever since we brought Harrison home from the hospital I have been trying desperately to remember what each child was like at his age. As much as I love having two sets of twins, it makes things blurry. Each moment of their early days was filled with soothing, bathing, dressing, feeding and diapering. There was little time to just observe and appreciate my daughters. I was always focused on filling a need.

It's nice to go back now and reminisce. This picture of Chloe and Catherine was taken almost 5 years ago when they were four months old. This was the first time I captured both girls smiling at the same time. I remember how excited I was at this small victory.

2 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Well, glad to inspire! Harrison resembles Catherine as a bay? That is I think that's who he looks like of I labeled the girls correctly. Catherine on the right (my right), Chloe on the left? Agreed, it was a blur...Bill wants to talk to Mark too if he has the chance to call later tonight....

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

that would be 'baby', not 'bay'