Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beach bracelets

For this week's Crafty Kid Tuesday, I let the girls push me out of my box. We made bracelets. I generally don't like jewelry kits. Perhaps it's because I usually stumble upon the girls playing with one after its been opened, unsupervised. Beads are everywhere. No one can thread the beads. No one can start or finish the bracelet. Or the bracelet breaks minutes after putting it on. And I get to be reminded of said destruction and frustration for weeks on end when sweeping or even more fun, when jabbed in the foot while innocently walking by.

But yesterday's bracelet making extravaganza was fun! This kit used jewelry wire so it was easier to thread and it came with clasps so, cross my fingers, we won't have to deal with as many breaks and repairs.Sam gave me this cheesy grin as if to explain and apologize for being laid out completely on the table so he could get his hands on the beads too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the beads! I just cleaned up a bunch myself!