Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pregnancy: A Case Study

Problem: I am almost 29 weeks along in my fourth pregnancy. While most of it has been a breeze compared to my twin pregnancies, yesterday was a bad day. So my question is why was I feeling so large, achy, tired and irritable yesterday?

To find out, I turned to the past.

Pregnancy 1: Singleton girl
This picture represents the last time I had any sort of abdominal muscle tone.
Pregnancy 2: Twin girls
At this time we actually thought we were having boy/girl twins. We didn't find out about our two 'hamburger buns' until 32 weeks.Pregnancy 3: Twin boys
We were three weeks away from moving to Austin. What were we thinking?Pregnancy 4: Singleton boy
Taken yesterday. Notice the increase in gray hair over the last seven years.
Analysis: Having twins, especially two sets, encourages ones body to appear larger than necessary during pregnancy. Also, having result of previous three pregnancies to chase after, feed and generally care for and love results in extreme tiredness and self neglect.

Conclusion: Feelings of tiredness, achiness, irritability and largeness are permitted occasionally.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, irritability is COMPLETELY permitted. I feel the same, except without the twins. Which makes you even more allowed to be tired.

Don't you miss overalls?! ;)

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Oh Heather, I'm sorry you have had such a hectic week! And you ahve every reason in the world to feel as you do. Yep, that first twin pregnancy blew any chance you had of the stomach ever being as it was before the pregnancy.....I've got the battle scars to prove it. But lucky for us, our husbands are sweet and make us feel good about how we look cuz IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT....right? I'm pretty sure being pregnant gives you an automatic reason to yell that out loud.....

Sarah said...

Occasionally? All the time, Lady!