Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun with zucchini

Our zucchini crop was recently assaulted by squash bugs. Truthfully, I wasn't too sad since the rate of production was exhausting me not to mention everyone who was forced to take some. I've been waiting for a weekend when Mark could help me dispose of the plants. In the meantime, however, I decided to grow some State Fair-worthy zucchini. We harvested them last Friday and came up with some alternative uses for zucchini other than zucchini bread.

First up, the zucchini barbell. Check out those muscles!Next, the babysitter. Our girls will be ready for their baby brother in no time lugging these around.Finally, dinner. The girls didn't find this one quite so funny!In other gardening news, I had my proudest moment of the season last Friday when we sat down to a meal that included home-grown corn, carrots and cucumbers.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Super!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

oh my word...those are gigantic zucchini!! Maybe we should forget dinner Thursday, just bring the veggies!