Friday, April 9, 2010

Flashback Friday: First Bites

Our little Harrison will be six months old on Monday. That's about the time we introduce solid foods in our house. I thought for today's 'flashback', we'd look back at those precious first bites of rice cereal.

I don't think this was Madelyn's first bite. Of course, this child learned at a very young age to smile at any and all cameras so maybe it was. I remember my response to her first meal better than her first bite. I remember being so worried that she was going to stop nursing all together in favor of eating food. I was so nervous and anxious as a new mommy as I anticipated and participated in Madelyn's many firsts. I loved every second of it though!
Catherine was next to take a first bite. This was and is a typical 'What are you doing?' look from her.
Chloe's first bite.
Sam's first bite.
Seth's turn. He changed his mind after a few bites. He was unstoppable. I remember visiting my parents a few weeks after the boys started on solids. They asked me when I knew he was done. I told them, 'when the food is gone'. And to think that now he only eats bread and an occasional fruit.
The cheering section for the first feeding. It gets larger and bossier with each round. Madelyn, Catherine and Chloe are already working on a feeding rotation for Harrison. My response sounded a lot like them: "I WANT A TURN!"

No comments: