Thursday, February 5, 2009

Christmas in February

The trouble with me is I'm a procrastinator.

You see, for Christmas this year I gave Mark two yards of fabric that I promised to make into pajama pants. Being 6'4" Mark has a tough time finding pajamas that are long enough. One year I got him an expensive pair from LLBean but they shrank in the wash and they smell funny. So this year my plan was to remedy the pajama problem. In so doing I revealed my time management problem. I don't like to sew with the kids hanging around because I get nervous about the hot iron and the needles and pins and scissors. I have many other excuses but I'll spare you those...they are not as noble as protecting my young flock.

Finally while the family watched the SuperBowl this past weekend, I sewed and voila, the promised pants...


Merry Christmas Honey! Now, my challenge is getting a second pair made before the weather gets warmer.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

They look rather Ohio-Stateish.

DaddyO6 said...

Oh my - Heather's not going to take that well! :o) She's always questioning my true school loyalty. I believe she was going for a Christmas-y look & color combo.

Anonymous said...

So funny - my grandma used to do the same thing. She also had 5 children. My mom says she was always wrapping up fabric - sometimes it got made into something and sometimes it didn't.