Saturday, February 14, 2009

The love of a child

I was just washing the dishes and Chloe asked me why I was doing the dishes. I answered, "Because they need to be done." Madelyn piped in and explained to Chloe that when you're a mom you get to wash dishes, pick up toys, and clean up throw-up. Thanks to Seth for throwing up during dinner to remind us of that finer point of motherhood.

Earlier today, the girls presented me with a Valentine's Day snack plate full of candy. Madelyn gave a speech about how thankful they all are for everything I do, like cleaning up, doing laundry, etc.

On this Valentine's Day, I feel blessed to have the love of an adventurous man and appreciative children. My daily grind is not glamorous and will not get me on the cover of "Working Mother". I don't mind. There's nothing that beats the sweet kisses, thoughtful gestures and closeness that our family shares.

No comments: