Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gardening Update

It's harvest time in our garden. Well, at least for the squash and zucchini. Who knew that those little seeds I planted in the garden back in May would yield so much? It's a little out of hand really. That picture up above represents one day's harvest. Yes, fourteen squash, four zucchini and one cucumber (our first). I've frozen some, given as much away as folks will take, and try new recipes daily.

In other news, the pumpkins are coming in nicely. Those pumpkin plants are something of a bully. They've been trying to outrun our watermelon plants and are threatening to invade the stand of corn.After three seedings, I finally have green beans growing. Woohoo! A vegetable my family enjoys! And look what else is sprouting up...Madelyn!
And here's Catherine...

3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

oh my goodness!! The fruits of your labor or numerous......good job.

Sarah said...

Hey--watermelon grower! Do your watermelon's stems have "hairs" on them? I can't figure out if my watermelons are really growing or if a weed overtook them all...

Sarah said...

Ok, on further inspection, I think my watermelon leaves look like those. No watermelons yet.