Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll mop if I want to

My birthday was last weekend. To celebrate my 35th birthday, I wanted a steam mop. I know, Mark is a lucky guy to have found a wife with such practical wants. But really, my wants always are secondary to the kids and they tend to be practical because I'm always trying to whittle some 'free' time into my days.

Really, I think a steam mop is rather indulgent. I wanted a composting bin for Mother's Day. I got a Kindle instead. Maybe next year.

The steam mop is great and fun and may even be a workout.
The girls decorated for my birthday.
I was spoiled with beautiful artwork and lots and lots of homemade cards.

Group hug for mom!
I am a lucky lady to celebrate my birthdays with such thoughtful and eager children and a special husband who knows how to balance my practical wants with some splendid indulgences as well.

No comments: