Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Old Wives Tales

Later today we'll have our 20-week ultrasound. Before we go, I thought I'd try to predict the gender of our baby. I've looked up lists of old wives tales related to pregnancy and gender and here's what I came up with...

Symptoms pointing toward a boy:
*I'm carrying low. Really I think it's more because this is my fourth pregnancy and I have no tone left in my abdomen.
*
I have a pregnancy glow.
*Dad's gaining weight too.
* I don't crave orange juice.

Symptoms pointing toward a girl:
*Baby's heartrate is over 140. It's been over 160 every time we've heard it.
*I've been craving sweets.
*Dad's gaining weight too. I found conflicting information on this one.
*ACNE It's on my back thankfully and not my face but still very gross and annoying.

When I take the interactive quizzes online they favor a girl. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck--hopefully the baby is cooperating.

Keep us updated!