Friday, June 5, 2009

Excuses, excuses

I seem to have let my blogging fall by the wayside. My posts per month are dwindling. But I have some good excuses...

#1...My kids have been sick. It all started last Saturday with Seth throwing up during a family outing to the botanical gardens. He continued through Sunday at which time Sam took up the torch for Monday and Tuesday. Catherine did her best to keep the washer running and me on my toes by starting her purge Wednesday. And guess who followed on Thursday...Chloe. It's been a pretty yuck week all around here. The only nice thing is all the snuggling I get when they're sick.
#2...Today was the first day I woke up to no sick kids and I had to work. Yes, work! I have been serving as a substitute teacher at Madelyn's school for one or two days a week for the last four weeks. I have to be honest, it's been really nice getting back into the classroom. Being a substitute is like being a grandparent. You get to stretch the rules, spoil them a little, then give them back. The only trouble is that my 'job' has wrecked havoc on our home life. The boys are super clingy after a day away. We eat out too much because neither of us have the energy to cook and Mark has had to delay work on the backyard. Good thing school ended today.

#3...I'm pregnant. I have been so tired. Every spare minute I get I want to snooze or at least be horizontal on the couch. I also have a mushy pregnant brain. It's not pretty!

I'm done making excuses. Now to put my nose to the grindstone and start documenting those precious family memories.

3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Sure hope the puking has stopped for good...although if you get it you 'll get some extra rest without guilt! Bill was glad he shook hands Mark's hand with his one GLOVED hand!! ha ha...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the sickness making its rounds. We had that a few weeks ago and I nearly lost my mind. I hope everyone is doing better now.

DaddyO6 said...

Heather forgot to detail Phase 2 of the sickness: diarrhea. Seth and Sam both had 10-diaper days. My highlight of the week: Sam's "fountain of diarrhea" at dinner on Thursday while I was holding on my lap - my arm, leg, and of course the floor.