Saturday, June 20, 2009

Who needs a beach?

I grew up in the east where water is not an uncommon sight. I realized after years of looking like a lobster after the first hot weekend of the summer that I'm not really a beach person. I'd much rather recreate in the mountains. I now call the mountains of the desert Southwest my home.

My children only know mountains and deserts. We went to South Padre Island once during our 10 months in Texas. The kids loved it! They couldn't get enough of jumping waves and building sandcastles. The memory is so clear to them that anytime they encounter wet sand they try to recreate our South Padre experience. Check out what they made in the soon-to-be grassy area of our backyard...We also started filling our pool in preparation for the heat that finally seems to be coming our way. The girls were bathing beauties,while the boys got to work filling the pool,and supervising!

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

miss you guys! see you soon. save us some sand, water and DRY heat!